The entry requirements to study the LLM International Business and Commercial Law are:
- A 2:2 in a degree from a UK university or an internationally recognised university, in law or a related areas of study, or a degree in which there is a substantial proportion of study devoted to law; or
- A degree in a non-legal area of study, provided there is sufficient evidence of professional knowledge and experience
- For the avoidance of doubt, call to the bar or admission as a solicitor in England and Wales or the equivalent in another jurisdiction may be considered equivalent
Months of entry
February, June, October
Develop your legal knowledge and skills in an International Business context
Our LLM International Business and Commercial Law programme is designed for those wanting to work with international clients, and provides a comprehensive understanding of the legal issues that businesses face through setting up and operating internationally, as well as the practical skills needed to advise those clients.
- Our close links with employers and professional bodies ensures course content is up-to-date and relates to the key challenges facing international law firms and their global clients today.
- Access our six-month Professional Development Planning Programme to further enhance your employability and post-study work visa opportunities.
- Gain practical legal work experience by advising real clients through our award-winning Social Impact Team.
Assessments for this programme include coursework, examinations, oral presentations, and an independent research project.
If you opt for the 18-month programme, you will also be expected to produce a Professional Development Planning portfolio.
BPP University offers flexibility in how these assessments are undertaken, and the programmes will utilise online tools (where available) to deliver assessments. On occasion, some assessments may require attendance at a physical location.
- Academic and Assessment Support
- Personal Effectiveness
- International Business Law
- International Intellectual Property Law
- International Contracts and Trade Law
- International Dispute Resolution and Arbitration
- Professional Skills
- Contemporary Legal Practice
- Professional Research Project
- To attend workshops with professionals who will give you insight into how to prepare effectively for future roles
- To undertake a job role analysis and skills diagnostic to identify the types of roles you are interested in any may be suitable for
- To develop a high-quality CV to enable you to apply for roles
- Intensive interview preparation for placements* and part-time work
- Work experience through volunteering on projects with our award-winning Social Impact Team
- Interview opportunities if you meet the criteria to be put forward for interviews**
- Access to one-to-one sessions with coaches to develop the skills and behaviours you need to enter the workspace
- To attend interactive termly live sessions to support you entering the job market
Fees and funding
Our LLM International Business and Commercial Law is eligible for postgraduate funding of up to £12,167.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12-18 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- BPP Admissions
- +44 (0) 3300 603 100