The Brunel MBA recruits managers and other professionals of high calibre, who can both benefit from and contribute to, an intellectually challenging management development programme.
Please note that the Admissions process for the MBA programme involves assessment in two stages:
Stage 1 - As part of the application process please provide documentary evidence to show:
- A 2:1 (or above) UK Honours degree, or international equivalent.
- A minimum of three years' full time work experience at managerial or professional level in managing people, budget or other resources following a degree. It is important for candidates to clarify that they have significant / focused sector experience with responsibility for people, budget, or other resources, which is supportable by official documentary evidence.
Stage 2 - An interview will be conducted (via Skype or phone) with the MBA Programme Team.
- If an applicant has achieved a 2:2 degree and five or more years of required senior managerial or professional level work experience, in managing people, budget, or other resources - this will be reviewed by the MBA Director on a case-by-case basis.
- We welcome applicants from different industries, from both the Private and Public Sector. Previous applicants from: IT; Healthcare; Education; Engineering; Aviation;(and many more), have been considered.
Months of entry
The Brunel MBA is a research-led and applied programme for experienced professionals designed to maximise students' investment in a global executive career.
Whether you want to advance your existing career, move to a new field, or start your own business, the Brunel MBA can give you the tools you need. Every aspect of the programme is practical, fulfilling, integrated and, thanks to our world class teaching and research facilities, always relevant to today’s ever-changing business environment.
The Brunel MBA is a one year full-time or 2 year part-time programme with three specialisation options:
The Brunel MBA recruits managers and other professionals of high calibre who can both benefit from and contribute to an intellectually challenging management programme.
Choosing the General Management specialisation can help students to become a better manager all-round – from corporate business finance to international strategy, from harnessing IT technology to marketing. Students gain a more informed output into senior management decision making or consultancy within the industry. This General Management specialisation focuses on giving students the skills of practical application of knowledge to solving contemporary business issues, identifying your strengths and weaknesses, maximizing your assets and turning them into a more profitable future.
The Aviation Management specialised MBA is deeply rooted in the Aviation industry and informed by extensive cutting-edge aviation research. It is designed for professionals working for airlines, airports authorities and supply and support services within the aviation sector such as engineers, logistics, catering, cargo, energy, safety, security, IT and travel and tourism. It is supported by our proximity to the world’s busiest passenger hub at Heathrow, Brunel’s growing reputations in aerospace and environmental research, and our close links with the aviation industry.
The Healthcare Management specialised MBA is focused on application of knowledge in the Healthcare industry and enables students to develop managerial skills to handle real-life business situations in the sector. The MBA (Healthcare Management) award is designed for professionals in strategic health authorities, primary care trusts and hospital administration, and for those working in the growing number of private health contractors, outside suppliers and consultancies.
Information for international students
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6.5 (min 6 in all areas)
- Pearson: 58 (51 in all subscores)
- BrunELT: 65% (min 60% in all areas)
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1895 265599