Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
The general University entrance requirement for registration for a research degree is normally a First or Upper Second Class Honours degree.
Months of entry
The Brunel Integrated PhD combines PhD research with a programme of structured research, professional and subject training. The programme typically takes 4 years (compared to 3 years for a non-integrated PhD programme). On successful completion, you will be awarded a PhD with an Integrated Postgraduate Diploma in Research in your chosen subject specialisation.
You will benefit from this programme immensely if you want to:
- receive a more much guided and hands-on supervision of your learning and research process, especially if you come from more traditional teaching cultures
- increase your changes for a timely completion of your PhD programme in comparison to students taking traditional route PhD, cutting down the expenses associated with prolonged study
- access to tailored, highly specialist research training not available as part of the support provided to traditional route PhD students
- maximise your changes for a successful research analysis by applying practical assignments and training which are part of the integrated PhD directly to the research you do for your thesis
- receive an official Postgraduate Diploma in Research in addition to your PhD award to certify the completion of skills training which may be required by employers in some countries if you wish to pursue an academic career
Information for international students
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6.5 (min 6 in all areas);
- Pearson: 58 (51 in all subscores);
- BrunELT: 65% (min 60% in all areas).
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time48 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1895 265599