A 2:2 (or above) UK Honours degree, or equivalent internationally recognised qualification, in Sports Sciences, or a joint course with Sport Sciences or Sports Studies as one of the subjects. Other subjects including medicine, medical science, veterinary medicine, veterinary science, physiotherapy or any biological science will also be considered provided applicants can show evidence of at least one year’s experience of working in science or an area allied to medicine and/or sport, will be considered on an individual basis.
Months of entry
The course is aimed at students with a background in sport sciences who wish to take a broad-based degree that combines a range of self-selected modules from across the two specialist pathways: Human Performance and Sport Psychology.
It includes the module ‘Physical Activity and Health’ in which contemporary issues such as obesity and injury rehabilitation are examined from a multi and interdisciplinary perspective.
- You will have significant scope to tailor a programme of study to your specific needs.
- You will build upon your existing knowledge and extend your understanding of selected areas in sport, health and exercise sciences.
- You will encounter a range of learning experiences designed to enhance critical analysis and independence of thought.
- You will be given grounding in research methods and data analysis that prepares you for higher research-related degrees (e.g. PhD).
Information for international students
English language requirements
- IELTS: 7 (min 6 in all areas)
- Pearson: 64 (51 in all subscores)
- BrunELT: 70% (min 60% in all areas)
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1895 265599