A 2:2 (or above) UK Honours degree, or equivalent internationally recognised qualification, in an engineering, science or technology subject.
Months of entry
The complex challenges faced in modern engineering have created a growing need for highly motivated graduates who understand project infrastructure planning, construction, management and maintenance issues.
This MSc course equips you with the knowledge, creativity and transferable skills required by project managers in the industry – developing your independent learning abilities and providing a foundation for your ongoing professional development.
You will learn current theories and practices for managing contemporary engineering projects from inception to completion – and for maintaining the resulting infrastructure throughout its lifetime.
Engineering is at the core of a successful economy and the infrastructure it develops directly affects the wellbeing of its citizens and the environment. Skilled, qualified project managers have a key role in this vital work.
There are two main challenges facing the engineering and construction industry:
- clients are increasingly requiring contractors to deliver projects using limited resources, at low cost, in short duration and to a high level of quality and safety
- much existing infrastructure is under severe strain due to a legacy of inadequate maintenance and rapid population growth.
The course examines these commercial pressures and will provide opportunities for students to develop and demonstrate knowledge and understanding of:
- the principles of strategic planning and risk analysis in successful project and infrastructure management
- the theoretical basis for the organisation of project infrastructure development and how management of budgets, human resources and supply chains can affect overall project success
- the interplay between engineering project, infrastructure management and sustainability in the complex real-world situations.
The programme develops students' technical knowledge and transferable skills sought by employers, equipping them with the compulsory attributes to flourish in senior roles within the engineering and construction sector.
Information for international students
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6 (min 5.5 in all areas)
- Pearson: 51 (51 in all subscores)
- BrunELT: 60% (min 55% in all areas)
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1895 265599