A 2:2 (or above) UK Honours degree, or equivalent internationally recognised qualification, with an understanding of the realities of academic intelligence and security study, and the frameworks within which intelligence and security operations work. Applicants with other qualifications, or with relevant work-related experience, will be considered on an individual basis.
Months of entry
Intelligence and security policy issues are now one of the fastest growing areas of academic and public concern, especially since '9/11' and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Today more than ever before national governments, international agencies and most major international corporations have an identified need for staff with a strong grasp of intelligence and security issues who can also demonstrate first-rate skills of research and assessment.
Taught by the internationally respected scholars of the Brunel Centre for Intelligence and Security Studies, backed up where required by practitioner expertise, the PG Cert in Intelligence Analysis (by Distance Learning) offers a unique opportunity for practical, policy-oriented graduate study of intelligence issues applicable across the private and public sectors around the world.
- To provide you with a systematic understanding of the role of intelligence policy and intelligence operations in national strategy and decision-making.
- To provide you with a systematic and critical understanding of the role national intelligence institutions and their products have in the context of contemporary international history and politics.
- To provide you with a systematic and critical understanding to the effectiveness of different methods of intelligence analysis to domains and applications of intelligence and introduce students to the core concepts of the cognitive process involved in intelligence analysis and associated cognitive errors and biases.
- To provide general training in policy-oriented research and analytical skills.
Information for international students
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6.5 (min 6 in all areas)
- Pearson: 58 (51 in all subscores)
- BrunELT: 65% (min 60% in all areas)
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1895 265599