Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You must be registered with either the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC), the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) or the General Medical Council (GMC).
You should have a relevant first degree (e.g. BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy or BSc (Hons) Diagnostic Radiography). Ideally, this should be a first-class degree or a 2:1.
Months of entry
This course provides you with a sound knowledge of the scientific principles and technologies in ultrasound.
The Postgraduate Certificate in Musculoskeletal Ultrasound (PgC MSK US) is designed for practicing healthcare practitioners, with a relevant first degree, who wish to increase their scope of clinical practice to include musculoskeletal ultrasound. The PgC MSK US is most relevant to physiotherapists and sonographers; however it is also beneficial for radiographers, sports therapists, medical doctors and researchers.
Successful completion of the PgC MSK US will enable you to obtain a formal ultrasound qualification to practice musculoskeletal ultrasound safely and effectively.
Why study Musculoskeletal Ultrasound?
The course aims to:
- provide you with a sound knowledge of the scientific principles and technologies in ultrasound which underpin the provision of quality services to patients and clients;
- enable you to transfer knowledge of physical principles of ultrasound imaging safely, efficiently and appropriately to musculoskeletal ultrasound imaging techniques;
- facilitate development of ability in critical interpretation of musculoskeletal ultrasound images in varying clinical contexts relevant to your own scope of practice;
- ensure you become a skilled, competent, confident practitioner in musculoskeletal ultrasound;
- enable you to reflect on and critically evaluate the role of ultrasound in the management of patients suffering from musculoskeletal disease or injury;
- appreciate the role of musculoskeletal ultrasound imaging in practice and research; To enable you to be proactive in initiating and leading role developments in your specific field; To integrate academic learning with the development of higher levels of professional practice.
Information for international students
Canterbury Christ Church University welcomes applications from International Students. For more information please visit our website.
Fees and funding
For up to date fee and loan information please visit our website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiry