An upper 2nd class honours degree from a good UK university or an equivalent international degree qualification. If you have a good 2:2 or equivalent, or relevant industrial experience, we will give your application individual consideration.
Suitable for graduates in Electrical Engineering or a related discipline.
Months of entry
This course meets an urgent need for specialists in advanced electrical energy systems that are needed to design and build secure, reliable, low-carbon and affordable energy systems in developed and developing countries around the world. The programme maintains a particular focus on the integration of renewable generation in to electricity transmission and distribution networks and will prepare you for a new era of truly ‘smart’ grids.
More specifically, the programme aims to equip you with:
- A demonstrable mastery of a broad spectrum of advanced engineering principles to real-life technological, financial, regulatory, managerial and ethical problems encountered in the electrical Energy and Power profession, and the potential to be key professional players in the wider industry, the professions, and public service.
- A systematic understanding of knowledge, and a critical awareness of current problems and new insights which are at the forefront of Electrical Energy Systems.
- A comprehensive understanding of techniques applicable to their own research or advanced scholarship.
- Originality in application of knowledge, together with a practical understanding of how established techniques of research and enquiry are used to create and interpret knowledge in the area of Electrical Energy Systems.
Information for international students
If your first language is not English you will be required to pass IELTS exams. The minimum requirement is an IELTS score of 6.5.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)29 2087 0084