For entry requirements, please see our website.
Months of entry
January, October, July, April
We are internationally renowned for our research and are a friendly supportive School with a diverse range of students from across the world. We pride ourselves on our multidisciplinary approach to research and organise our research into three main themes:
- Energy and Environment
- Health, Technology and the Digital World
- Mechanics, Materials and Advanced Manufacturing.
We offer a 3 year PhD programme, a 4 year integrated PhD programme, an EngD programme, and a 1 year MPhil degree programme.
- Develop research skills through a programme of in-depth study.
- Develop expertise in appropriate methods of research and enquiry.
- Produce high quality research outputs which demonstrate critical judgement.
- Produce a thesis (PhD thesis approx. 80,000 words).
- We have a world renowned reputation for research and the impact of that research (REF 2014).
- Teaching opportunities – we offer a range of teaching and demonstrating opportunities across our undergraduate teaching programme.
- We have strong links with other institutions and research organisations as well as industry and business.
- A wide range of funded studentships are available.
- Our research income currently exceeds £10 million from public and private sectors and supports innovative research in traditional and emerging areas.
- State-of-the-art experimental and computational facilities and modern laboratories.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries