Suitable for graduates in Humanities and Social Sciences. A First or Upper Second class UK honours degree, or equivalent is required.
Months of entry
January, October, July, April
The PhD programme aims to offer knowledge and expertise to take you on to a role in Higher Education, or employment requiring high-level skills in research or advanced subject knowledge.
- The School has a dynamic interdisciplinary research culture with a variety of seminar series;
- The School offers a wide selection of research training opportunities, including a thesis workshop and reading groups;
- Continuing PhD students attend a fortnightly reading group and a weekly skills training session;
- PhD students are encouraged to publish;
- The School has a dedicated suite for its research students with computing facilities, networked information and access to email and Internet;
- As from their second year, students have the opportunity for teaching on the School’s undergraduate degree programmes, and receive mentoring sessions from a full-time member of staff;
- The School makes funding available each year for postgraduate research students who wish to attend conferences or undertake library archive visits that are related to their PhD studies.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)29 2087 0084