First or Upper-Second Class UK Honours degree or equivalent.
Months of entry
The Postgraduate Certificate in Theology is a postgraduate qualification which engages in critical theological reflection upon professional practice. It is available in four different Pathways:
- Practical Theology
- Biblical Studies
- Christian Doctrine
- Church History
It is expected that most of the students undertaking the course will be involved in some kind of ministry, whether on a full- or part-time basis. It is equally available and relevant to laity and clergy alike.
The formal aim of the course is to improve the competence of practitioners so they can make a better contribution within their ministry.
It also provides an opportunity for exploring present and future training and educational needs within professional development.
- Facilitates a flexible programme of study geared towards the individual student
- Draws on internationally-recognised expertise in Christianity which is sensitive to current issues in the public eye
- Small student-focussed tutorials rather than formal lectures
- Provides a subject-specific introduction to postgraduate study skills
- Enables professional development needs for reflective learning.
For more information please click here
Information for international students
IELTS 6.5 is required
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Dr. John Wilks
- +44 (0)29 2056 8004