Suitable for graduates with a first or upper-second class honours degree in Physics, Astrophysics, Mathematics, Electronics or a related subject, depending on the research area.
Months of entry
January, October, July, April
To offer knowledge and expertise in the academic world, industry or to pursue a variety of other opportunites in which a strong background in physics, astrophysics or computing is useful and important.Special Features
- Research students take specialist academic courses and courses to develop their communication and personal skills.
- There is a full programme of seminars and the individual research groups hold regular meetings where members present new results and discuss their research in detail.
- There is an annual postgraduate conference and a research student poster competition.
- There are active collaborations with research groups overseas and regular attendance at major international conferences by staff and students.
- Access to international telescopes and facilities.
For more information please click here http://courses.cardiff.ac.uk/postgraduate/course/detail/p024.html
Information for international students
For those whose first language is not English a IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent qualification is required.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Dr Dan Read
- +44 (0)29 2087 5112