Please see http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/taught/courses/course/social-work-ma
Months of entry
This is a two-year full-time programme leading to an MA and a professional qualification in social work.
Situated within the broader environment of social sciences, this programme provides a theoretical and critical approach to the acquisition and appreciation of knowledge about social work practice and its context. Principles of human rights are core.
- Our teaching staff have current practice and research backgrounds that keep them up to date with developments in the field.
- A range of placement opportunities in specialist fields are provided.
- Bursaries may be available from the Care Council for Wales (or other UK equivalent councils).
- The programme continues to meet the Care Council for Wales’ requirements with no conditions according to yearly reviews.
- There are opportunities to take part in student exchange (ERASMUS) and carry out some study abroad (currently Finland, Lithuania, Austria or Germany).
- Users of social services are central to the management and delivery of the Programme.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)29 2087 0084