Suitable for graduates awarded a degree at 2:2 and above who have relevant employment or voluntary based social work experience, as well as a basic understanding of the Code of Practice for Social Care Workers. In accordance with Care Council for Wales programme approval criteria, applicants will need to refer to relevant social care experience and also hold GCSE, grade C or above (or equivalent) in maths and English at the time of application.
Months of entry
- Teaching staff have a current practice and research background that keeps them up to date with developments in the field.
- Assessment is carried out by a variety of methods including essays, practice portfolios and reflective accounts.
- Professional development stems from strong tutorial support, a research-led teaching environment and access to a range of placement opportunities in specialist fields.
- Situated within the broader environment of the social sciences providing an informed and critical approach to the acquisition and appreciation of knowledge about the social context within which social work is practiced
- Programme continues to meet CCW requirements with no conditions according to 5 year review
- The University and School of Social Sciences, of which the Social Work group is a part, achieved highly in the recent REF exercise , representing research of international standing
- Bursaries may be available from the Care Council for Wales, see 'Fees and Funding' section below for more information.
- The opportunity to take part in student exchange (ERASMUS) and carry out some study abroad (currently Finland, Lithuania, Austria or Germany)
For more information please click here
Information for international students
Candidates without a degree but with 2 or more years' relevant experience who can demonstrate the ability to study at Masters level, may be considered and might be asked to submit an essay to support this.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Mr Abyd Quinn Aziz
- +44 (0)29 2087 0028