Suitable for qualified occupational therapists. To be admitted to the course students must be in possession of either a BSc honours degree in Occupational Therapy or Diploma in Occupational Therapy plus 2 years' practice experience. Note: International students pursuing part-time programmes of study are not eligible for Tier 4 (General Student) visas and must have alternative leave to remain in the UK if they intend to study at the University in person.
Months of entry
The aims of the course are to develop students’ evaluative, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and to increase their practical and theoretical knowledge of occupational therapy, so that they can apply these skills in the further advancement of their profession.Special Features This is one of the few Master’s programmes in Occupational Therapy in the UK and provides a sound grounding in the theory and models of the profession and occupation-focused practice.
The distinctive features of the Programme include:
- The opportunity for students to learn in a school that is well respected within the occupational therapy profession
- The involvement of research-active and clinical staff in programme design and delivery
- The emphasis on independent learning in a research-led environment
- The emphasis on acquisition of high quality clinical reasoning skills and the development of innovative ideas
- Flexibility of delivery, permitting graduates to pursue professional careers whilst studying part time, or to take a career break and complete on a full time basis
- The opportunity for students to work with Allied Health Professionals across a variety of disciplines and/or specialist in their own field
Information for international students
IELTS 6.5 is required
Fees and funding
This course is one of the eligible courses under the Cardiff University's Postgraduate Taught Scholarships scheme.
The scholarships are each worth £3000 and will be awarded in the form of a tuition fee discount. In order to be eligible for consideration you need to be applying for the full time version of this course (or another eligible taught course) and be a UK/EU student for fee paying purposes.
The deadline for applications is 1st August 2014.
For more information about the scholarships and how to apply please see this website:www.cardiff.ac.uk/pgt/p/scholarships
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Sue Delport
- +44 (0)29 2068 7790