Suitable for qualified physiotherapists with at least two years' clinical experience. Students admitted to the course should be in possession of either a first degree or a UK diploma in physiotherapy or a minimum of 2 years' post-registration experience with evidence of CPD
Months of entry
The MSc in Physiotherapy aims to facilitate individual CPD towards gaining such knowledge and skills. The flexibility of the programme through the choice of subject specific modules (see list, below) allows a range of clinical areas to be studied tailored to individual needs. Students are therefore able to select from various combinations of clinical areas such as neurology, sport and exercise, musculoskeletal as well as ethics and learning & teaching in the workplace.
This course aims to develop students’ evaluative, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and to increase their practical and theoretical knowledge of physiotherapy, so that they can apply these skills in the further advancement of their profession.
The distinctive features of the Programme include:
- The opportunity for students to learn in a school that is well respected within the physiotherapy profession. The School of Healthcare Sciences at Cardiff University is ranked no.1 in the UK for Physiotherapy by both the Complete University Guide 2015 and the Times Good University Guide 2014
- The involvement of research-active and clinical staff in programme design and delivery
- The provision of outside lecturers, who are experts in their field, to contribute to the delivery of the programme
- The opportunity to work with internationally renowned researchers, including Prof. Robert van Deursen,Dr. Nicola Phillips, Prof. Monica Busse and Dr. Val Sparkes
- The emphasis on independent learning in a research-led environment
- The emphasis on acquisition of high quality clinical reasoning skills and the development of innovative ideas
- Flexibility of delivery, permitting graduates to pursue professional careers whilst studying part-time, or to take a career break and complete on a full-time basis
- The opportunity for students to work with Allied Health Professionals across a variety of disciplines and/or specialists in their own field
For more information, please visit: http://courses.cardiff.ac.uk/postgraduate/course/detail/p246.html
Information for international students
Applicants whose first language is not English must satisfy the English Language requirements for entry to the university by attainment of a minimum score of 6.5 on the IELTS or equivalent.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Karen Jones
- +44 (0)29 2068 7789