See our website for detials.
Months of entry
January, October, July, April
The School of Welsh is well-known for its academic research and is one of the leading centres for Celtic Studies research in the UK.
he research interests of our staff are varied and include the Welsh language, Welsh literature, creative and critical writing as well as the social and international aspects of language planning.
The originality and rigour of our research make the School of Welsh at Cardiff a popular choice for those interested in postgraduate study.
Research can be undertaken through the medium of Welsh or English in any of the following areas:
- Welsh literature (medieval, renaissance, modern)
- Literary and critical theory
- Sociolinguistics (including Patagonia and Ireland)
- Language planning and policy
- Religion and popular culture
- Textual transmission: oral and written
- Welsh American Studies
- Second language acquisition/Welsh for adults
- Creative and Critical Writing
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)29 2087 0084