- A UK 2.1 or above, or the equivalent from an overseas institution.
- Some level of previous study in finance or quantitative methods is preferred.
- Applicants will need to submit two references, one of which MUST be an academic reference.
- If you have been studying in the UK for the last three years it is unlikely that you will have to take the test.
- If you have studied a 2+2 degree with just two years in the UK you will be required to provide IELTS results and possibly to resit the tests to meet our requirements.
- IELTS: The required IELTS level is an average of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in writing.
Months of entry
The City of London is the centre of the global finance, maritime, insurance and commodity trading industries.
Cass is perfectly placed to help you maximise the many opportunities in these areas. And each of this Masters degree will give you the skills necessary to operate at the decision-making levels of activities such as shipping, transport, logistics, supply chain management and related sectors and industries.
A global centre
The course is offered through the Costas Grammenos Centre for Shipping, Trade and Finance. The MSc courses offered by the Centre reflect the Cass philosophy: advanced, technically challenging programmes that incorporate applied, real-world scenarios.
Students make presentations to lecturers, visitors from the City and other members of the class. This provides you with invaluable practice in using, applying and expressing complex subject matter clearly and concisely to a business audience.
Group work, on the preparation of case studies and a business plan, consolidates the acquired knowledge and also builds the 'soft' skills essential to any future career. From a total of over 1,200 graduates to date, all have taken their place in the international business community.
Information for international students
If English is not the first language of a candidate, then evidence of proficiency is required such as prior study in English, IELTS, Cambridge Certificate or TOEFL. A minimum score of 7 in IELTS, 600 in TOEFL (250 computer-based) is required.
Fees and funding
- Deposit: £2,000 (paid within 1 month of receiving offer)
- First instalment: Half fees less deposit (paid at registration)
- Second instalment: Half fees (paid in January following start of programme)
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written/ formal examinations||50|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||50|
Course contact details
- +44 (0) 20 7040 8611
- +44 (0) 20 7040 8685