You should have a first or second-class honours degree in any subject. However, applications are also welcome from those with experience in the media, information or communication sectors. An equivalent qualification from an overseas university will be considered.
Months of entry
This course has been developed for those who wish to extend, deepen, update and sharpen their knowledge and understand current developments in media and communications. It will also provide you with the confidence to undertake further studies related to your academic practice and support you disseminating this work.
The methodological approaches and research tools you learn will be applied in your individual research projects and can be professionally applied to working in the field.
The Media and Communications MA will help you:
- Develop a thorough grounding in the social, economic, political and policy context of media and communications.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of contemporary issues in media and communications.
- Gain an advanced understanding of recent developments and current debates in media and communications through a range of modules.
- Learn the methodological approaches and tools to effectively research in the field.
- Take an in-depth exploration of an aspect of theory or practice through the literature and/or empirical evidence and make recommendations to improve and develop current understanding.
The Department of Sociology at City offers you an extensive range of module options from across the broader field of Sociology. This enables you to specialise in your particular areas of interest whilst studying them from a different perspective, developing your critical skills and advancing your knowledge.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)20 7040 0249