To apply for this course, you will need:
- An upper second-class Bachelor’s degree from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard
- A minimum of five grade 4 (C) passes in GCSE or equivalent, including English and Mathematics.
Months of entry
Develop the skills and knowledge you need to pursue a career in speech and language therapy with MSc.
The MSc in Speech & Language Therapy is designed for students who are committed to a rewarding career in speech and language therapy.
As a graduate with a first degree from a discipline outside healthcare, this course provides you with a fast-track route into health, enabling you to gain a pre-registration health qualification in two years as opposed to the usual three to four.
City's MSc Speech and Language Therapy has an excellent reputation and is based within the largest, teaching, research and clinical division in the UK for language and communication science.
The MSc will help you:
- Take a fast-track route into speech and language therapy
- Learn a range of subjects to develop your understanding of typical speech, language, communication, swallowing and of pathologies in these areas
- Integrate theoretical and real-world knowledge in considering approaches to the assessment and management of clients with communication and swallowing problems
- Understand how to take a holistic approach to your clients’ needs
- Gain real-world experience by undertaking clinical placements within a range of settings
- Prepare for a career in a challenging and varied field – from working with autistic children and people who stammer to adults who have lost their speech following a stroke.
Information for international students
If your first language is not English, you will need the following qualification:
IELTS: A minimum score of 8.0 with no component below 7.5.
Due to changes in the UKVI's list of SELTs we are no longer able to accept TOEFL as evidence of English language for students who require a CAS as of April 2014.
If you need to improve your English language skills before you enter this course, our partner, INTO City, University of London offers a range of English language courses.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Health Admissions
- +44 (0)20 7040 5000