You should have an upper second class honours degree or the equivalent from an international institution in social sciences, humanities, law, business studies or another related discipline. However, we will also consider applications from students with a degree in any other subject where applicants have gained significant professional experience in a related field of employment or research.
Months of entry
The Global Political Economy MA will help you broaden your understanding of the complex contemporary global economic system and its socio-political relationships. The course is designed for inquisitive students that want to develop a cutting-edge perspective on global economic and financial relations, inter-state competition, mechanisms of global governance and processes of transformation and change.
You don’t need any formal economics education for this course. Students come from a wide range of subject fields, including Politics, Law, Business Studies, Media Studies, the Humanities and more.
From global inequality and tax evasion to financial regulation and financial crises, the expertise that you develop on this advanced MA will enable you to pursue a wide range of rewarding career options in the public and private sectors.
The Global Political Economy MA will help you:
- Get an advanced specialist education in the field of global political economy.
- Develop your analytical skills and the ability to examine and critically evaluate the complex structure of relationships between markets, governments, transnational actors and networks in the setting of the globalising economy.
- Acquire an advanced conceptualisation of the problems of global capitalism in the
- Critically examine rapid economic change and its socio-political roots in the contemporary world.
- Analyse and articulate your analysis of complex issues and debates to a high level.
- Prepare for a diverse range of careers and develop contextual knowledge that will be applicable for life-long learning in a rapidly changing economic environment.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)20 7040 0249