- An upper second-class honours degree in any subject, the equivalent from an international institution or three-plus years of UX-related industry experience
- A practical background in computing technologies is useful, but not essential
- Previous experience in Human-Computer Interaction or User Experience Design is not necessary
- Programming experience is not necessary
Months of entry
This course is for people who want to design technology that meets user needs, creating interactive systems that are useful, easy-to-use and engaging. It is for people who get frustrated when they interact with unnecessarily complicated websites, mobile apps or other interactive systems and want to improve them. This course will help you appreciate design technology based on an understanding of users' needs and ensure that the products you and others design meet those needs.
This course will help you to:
- Understand the latest academic research, theories and techniques in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), User Experience (UX), usability and Interaction Design.
- Think about design in new ways - recognising that there are many 'right' ways to design interactive systems.
- Gain a mix of theoretical and practical knowledge, along with the necessary skills and experience to create engaging user experiences.
- Study modules that cover the entire user-centred design and evaluation process - from understanding user needs, to designing interactive systems that meet those needs, to evaluating the usability of those (and existing systems) through user research.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Programmes Office
- +44 (0) 20 7040 0248