To apply for this degree, you will need one of the following:
- A degree (in any subject), of at least a second-class honours standard, conferred by an institution in the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland or by the Council for National Academic Awards.
- An approved degree conferred by an institution outside the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland, and a very good knowledge of the English language.
Months of entry
As a non-law graduate, this fast-track senior status law degree will enable you to achieve an LLB law degree in just two years rather than the usual three.
This course is for graduates who have a proven academic track record who wish to gain a qualification in law either for legal professional purposes or to advance their careers in law-related fields.
If you intend to practise in law in the UK, the GE LLB Programme offers you the possibility of obtaining exemption from the academic stage of training over two years instead of the one year Graduate Diploma. Not only does this give you the chance to take electives in legal subjects, but also gives you the chance to acquire work experience in the summer vacation.
The course attracts many international students, particularly Canadians who, once they graduate, are well on the way to satisfying the Canadian NCA requirements.
The Graduate Entry LLB enables you to:
- Gain skills and knowledge in the core legal subjects
- Achieve an LLB law degree in just two years rather than the usual three
- Learning about specialist areas of law
- Participate in mooting competitions (optional) to further strengthen your legal and debating skills
- Progress, on completion of the degree, to one of the two professional courses all UK lawyers are required to take: the Legal Practice Course (LPC) for solicitors and the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) for barristers.
Qualification and course duration
LLB graduate entry
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)20 7040 5787