Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
To commence the MBA course applicants must:
- Be an Honours graduate of any discipline, obtained from a recognised university/HE institution, or hold an equivalent qualification acceptable to Coventry Business School.
- Have a minimum of two years post-degree full-time work experience in a management/administrative/ professional capacity
Months of entry
Are you looking for a career change or to develop your career? Are you considering a move into management? In today’s globally connected environment, a manager’s practice needs to be ethically based and culturally sensitive.
An MBA qualification aims to teach students how to respond to the needs of the modern world by thinking critically and strategically in seeking solutions to complex problems. It can help towards establishing better career prospects and salary.
The MBA can be studied full time via face-to-face delivery or part-time via online delivery. In addition, we offer two specialised pathways that are delivered face-to-face; an Artificial Intelligence specialism pathway and a pathway for the Healthcare Sector, although please note that on your final award certificate for this course, the course title will be Master of Business Administration and will not refer to the pathway studied, while your transcript will cite the modules studied and will not make reference to the pathway chosen.
The MBA programme consists of three distinct but interconnected stages:
- Certificate - The modern enterprise and business environment – how does it work? - The Certificate phase aims to develop a resource-based view of the business enterprise and examine how value is created, including the impact of the wider business environment on the enterprise’s value creation activities.
- Diploma - Preparing for tomorrow – what needs to change? - In the Diploma stage the focus shifts to considering the manager’s role in the development of an enterprise in response to the internal and external context, to create sustainable value.
- Masters – Management in action – bringing about change - The Masters phase of the programme focuses more specifically on particular sectors and/or roles, allowing you to complete a comprehensive general management programme or chose to specialise in artificial intelligence or healthcare management. The emphasis will be on exploring, critically evaluating and applying a range of sector/ role specific models and concepts within a practice setting.
The course provides you with the opportunity to clarify and develop your career goals as you progress and encourages reflection on how your goals might be met.
You can also study the MBA online, either as a comprehensive management and leadership programme, or with specialised pathways in Cyber Security Management, Sustainable Tourism, Artificial Intelligence, Marketing or for the Healthcare Sector.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Faculty of Business and Law