A good quality honours degree or equivalent. Applications from candidates with relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis.
English Language IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
Months of entry
This course starts in October 2017 and January 2018.
This programme is aimed at students with a strong interest in financial trading in integrated financial markets. You will focus on trading and the behaviour of global financial markets through the use of an on campus simulated trading floor, which provides practical exposure and hands-on experience in the art of trading.
In addition, you will gain career ready business skills sought after by employers’, including teamwork, communication, presentation and leadership skills.
This course provides students with the practical skills necessary to effectively lead in the fast-paced world of the global markets. This course also delivers the training for the highly regarded Financial Information Associate (FISD) Certificate, recognised by the world’s leading financial information companies.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
In addition to the many reasons to study at the London Campus including; our focus on employability; our location in the heart of the City of London; our work experience opportunities; the personalised attention we dedicate to students; our industry links; our industry trained
Teaching Fellows and our top rankings, here are a few other reasons specific to this programme:
- The programme can also help to prepare students for the Financial Information Associate (FICD) Certificate, recognised by the world’s leading financial information companies;
- Students can gain exposure to a technology-rich fully simulated trading floor, mirroring a top investment bank and Bloomberg trading software;
- Students will have the opportunity to also acquire a Bloomberg certificate.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Global Financial Markets
- Stochastic Finance
- Trading Economics
- Valuation of Securities and Equity Trading
- Advanced Valuation and Bond Trading
- Financial Derivatives Trading
- Understanding Financial Reporting
- Financial Enterprise and Social Responsibility
- Business and Management Research Methods
- Academic and Professional Skills
- Employability and Consulting Skills
HOW WILL THIS COURSE BE TAUGHT?
Throughout the programme, you will work with expert teachers and industry professionals to develop the relevant skills to research and understand the industry, develop the skills and knowledge employers are really looking for, as well as get tailored support on how to start your career even before you graduate.
You will be assigned a personal tutor who will be able to review and discuss your progress and offer advice throughout your studies. You will also have access to a wide range of additional support from our free Spotlight workshops designed to support the development of your study and research skills as well as enhance English language skills if English is not your first language.
Information for international students
+44 (0) 24 7765 2152
Click here for more information.
Fees and funding
Coventry University London is delighted to have recently launched a number of scholarships to UK and International students. You can find out more about our Scholarships by viewing our website.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Recruitment and Admissions Officet
- +44 (0) 24 7765 4321