Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
About School of Management
A world-leader in management education, research and consultancy for over 50 years, Cranfield School of Management is an exclusively postgraduate business school whose mission is to improve the practice of management. We have a global reputation for developing high-performing leaders in technology and management - encouraging them to transform their organisations and wider society.
Renowned for our strong links with industry, Cranfield is both about business and for business. We are a centre of world-class research, expertise, and teaching, providing practical management solutions through a range of activities including leadership, finance, marketing, logistics and supply chain management.
We are one of an elite group of Schools worldwide to hold the triple accreditation from AACSB International (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System) and AMBA (the Association of MBAs).
What makes Cranfield School of Management unique?
- Our open and customised executive education programmes are ranked in the top ten in the UK, in the Executive Education 2020 FT Rankings, and top ten for business school partners.
- Unrivalled teaching experience. You will be part of small learning teams, ensuring close contact and continuous support.
- A mature learning environment. As we are a postgraduate only university, you will be surrounded by like-minded individuals who are driven to succeed in their chosen career.
- Career-focused learning. Because our teaching is exclusively focused on postgraduate and executive levels, it is designed to nurture your practical business skills and confidence, and places huge emphasis on real-world challenges.
- Our extensive alumni network. You will join our network of 70,000+ graduates, many of who now hold senior roles within some of the world’s leading organisations.
- We are ranked second in the UK for graduate employment (DLHE longitudinal survey, 2017).
Cranfield School of Management consistently performs well in the major school and programme specific rankings, reinforcing our position as a top global management school.
- School of Management: Top 10 in the UK and 32nd in Europe in the Financial Times European Business Schools 2020 Rankings, and top 10 in the world in the Business School Teaching Power Rankings 2021 compiled for the Financial Times,
- MBA full-time: 8th in the UK and top 26% worldwide in the QS Global MBA Rankings 2022,
- Executive MBA: 8th in the UK, 88th in the world, 3rd in the UK for Percentage of Women Students, 13th in the EU for Salary Increase Percentage and 1st in the UK for Satisfaction Rate in the Financial Times ranking of Executive MBA programmes 2020,
- Management MSc: 6th in the UK, 28th in the world and 23rd in the world for employability in the QS World University Rankings: Masters in Management ranking 2022,
- Finance and Management MSc: 8th in the UK, 42nd in the world overall and 8th in the UK for employability and diversity in the QS World University Rankings: Masters in Finance Rankings 2022,
- Strategic Marketing MSc: 5th in the UK, 15th in the world and 7^th^ in the world for employability in the QS World University Rankings: Masters in Marketing Rankings 2022,
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management MSc: 2nd in the UK, 11th in the world overall and 7th in the world for employability in the QS World University Rankings: Masters in Supply Chain Management Rankings 2022.
Future career prospects
Cranfield School of Management is renowned for producing inspirational leaders who make a genuine global impact on business and society. With over 70,000 alumni Cranfield University is committed to providing a world-class programme of inclusive and lifelong services to our alumni. Find out more about our alumni.
Notable Cranfield alumni
- Lord Karan Billimoria, Founder Cobra Beer Ltd
- Anthony Jenkins, Former Chief Executive, Barclays
- Nick Jenkins, Founder, Moonpig
- Sir Charlie Mayfield, Chairman, John Lewis Partnership
- Tristram Mayhew, Rebecca Mayhew and Jerome Mayhew, Co-Founders, Go Ape
- John McFarlane OBE, Chairman, Barclays
- Angus Thirlwell, Founder, Hotel Chocolat
- Sarah Willingham, Serial Entrepreneur
- Warren East CBE, Chief Executive, Rolls-Royce.
Cranfield University campus is 40 minutes away from central London by train, with nearest towns being Milton Keynes and Bedford. London Luton airport is the closest to the University, while Heathrow, Gatwick and Stansted are all easily accessible via train and coach.
Cranfield Defence and Security is around 50 mins from London by train and around 25 mins from Bristol by train. Bath, Cheltenham, Bristol and Oxford are all within an hour’s drive and London less than two hours away by car.
We offer both catered and self-catered on campus accommodation, from halls of residence to shared houses, apartments for couples to houses for families.
The University can also help to find private accommodation in nearby towns and villages. University rooms on the Shrivenham campus are generally reserved for military students.
Please visit our website to find out more about our accommodation
We offer up to five Open Days a year at our Cranfield campus, providing you with the chance to attend our informative theme showcase sessions, meet academic staff, talk to our current students and visit our world-class facilities. You will be able to enjoy a campus tour as well as visit our great range of accommodation options. Our admissions team will be on hand to guide you through the application process, and you will have the opportunity to explore funding opportunities that may be available to you. Come and find out what makes Cranfield special.
Contact details and campuses
Cranfield University at Shrivenham
- Social media accounts