Candidates will be considered individually and may be required to undertake this course as a condition of entry onto an eligible MSc programme.
Typical prerequisites include an ordinary degree or HND (with three years’ experience) in engineering and physical science disciplines. Previous experience, aptitude and level of academic achievement will be assessed.
Students must have familiarity with elementary mathematical functions (polynomial, trigonometric, exponential and logarithmic for example), a sound working knowledge of algebra, and understanding and competence in basic calculus (differentiation and integration). A basic knowledge of the application of mass, force and moments as well as a fundamental understanding of SI units are required for stress analysis.
Months of entry
This specialist course can be used as a stepping stone to an exciting career in engineering and will prepare you if you do not meet the prerequisite entry requirements for many of our MSc courses.
It is an intensive, full-time course delivered through a mixture of lectures, practical laboratory sessions and design exercises, over 10 months.
Who is it for?
- Those who wish to take their career in a new direction and advance their skills in engineering.
- Professionals who have been out of education for some time and wish to get back into the study routine before commencing an MSc programme.
- Graduates with an undergraduate degree in engineering, physics or mathematics that do not meet our standard entry requirements.
- Holders of a UK Ordinary/Pass degree (or equivalent for overseas students) who have industrial experience and cannot be admitted directly.
- Overseas students wishing to enhance their technical English language skills before entering a Cranfield MSc course.
Why this course?
The Pre-master's in Engineering is designed as a bridging programme with the following objectives:
- To enable direct admission to selected engineering master's degree courses from Cranfield University;
- To learn the personal and professional skills needed both for master's level study and in future career development;
- To refresh and enhance the understanding of engineering related science and mathematics skills;
- To understand the methodologies, philosophies and tools used within industry and provide valuable experience of working on open-ended projects.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time10 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1234 750111