Candidates will be individually considered and may be required to undertake this course as a condition of entry onto an eligible MSc programme.
Typical prerequisites include an ordinary degree or HND (with 3 years’ experience) in engineering and physical science disciplines. Previous experience, aptitude and level of academic achievement will be assessed.
Students must have familiarity with elementary mathematical functions (polynomial, trigonometric, exponential and logarithmic for example), a sound working knowledge of algebra, and understanding and competence in basic calculus (differentiation and integration). A basic knowledge of the application of mass, force and moments as well as a fundamental understanding of SI units are required for stress analysis.
Months of entry
The Pre-Master's in Engineering is designed as a bridging programme with the following objectives:
- To enable direct admission to selected engineering Masters degree courses from Cranfield University
- To learn the personal and professional skills needed both for masters-level study and in future career development
- To refresh and enhance the understanding of engineering related science and mathematics skills
- To understand the methodologies, philosophies and tools used within industry and provide valuable experience of working on open-ended projects.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time10 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1234 758083