A first or second class UK Honours degree in a relevant science, engineering or related discipline, or the international equivalent of these UK qualifications. Other sufficient and relevant qualifications, together with industrial experience, may be considered.
Months of entry
This course will provide you with a fundamental understanding of welding technologies and an awareness of recent technical developments within the relevant industries. It will also improve your communication, presentation, analytical and problem solving skills. Our graduates are highly sought after by international companies using welding and joining technologies, and are able to attain positions of significant engineering responsibility.
In addition, you will be qualified to act as responsible persons as defined by European and international quality standards, and will have met a major part of the requirements for membership of the appropriate professional organisations with knowledge, skills and experience of managing research and development projects.
Welding is integral to the manufacture of a wide-range of products, from high power laser welding of large ships, to micro-joining of thin wires. Joining technologies continue to expand; and are used in the oil and gas; automotive; aerospace, nuclear, shipbuilding, and defense industries. Furthermore many of the student projects involve Wire + Arc Additive Manufacture which is a technology where Cranfield University is a world leader. All our projects are industrially linked and usually involve a new development never before undertaken. You will have the opportunity to be supervised by a world leading academic in this area.
There are numerous benefits associated with undertaking a postgraduate programme of study at Cranfield University, including:
- Study in a postgraduate-only environment where Masters' graduates can secure positions in full-time employment in their chosen field, or undertake academic research
- Teaching by leading academics as well as industrial practitioners
- Work alongside a strong research team
- Dedicated support for off-campus learners including extensive information resources managed by Cranfield University's library
- Consultancy to companies supporting their employees on part-time programmes, in relation to individual projects.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +44 (0) 1234 758540