Applicants will normally hold an undergraduate degree in any subject with a minimum pass of 2:2, or equivalent overseas qualification, or an equivalent professional qualification.
Months of entry
The Advertising and Public Relations Management MSc programme enables you to learn, develop, and apply the best-practice skills and knowledge required to pursue a career in Advertising and Public Relations Management, to a range of relevant company or communication environments.
The research and contextual-based learning approach enables students who are either new to the area of marketing, or experienced at an undergraduate level, to understand and apply management-level communication practices, in a global situation.
Focusing on a management approach within advertising and PR, this course aims to enhance your understanding of the discipline and develop your managerial skills. You will gain knowledge and expertise in topics such as advertising strategy, consumer futures, corporate and brand PR, media planning, budgeting and control, with emphasis on how marketing communications activities interact with other functional areas within organizations and a wider range of stakeholders. The course is focused on two important areas of marketing communications and encourages the development of critical and analytical skills in all key areas of advertising and public relations. Through exposure to the wider business environment, you can also gain a rounded and thoroughly integrated view of the advertising and public relations functions.
Industry-informed and relevant modules will develop your understanding of the cutting edge of advertising and public relations, and how these disciplines are influenced by the rapidly changing external environment. You will also face a final challenge to your emerging expertise in the form of a Marketing Consultancy Project or Dissertation.
We want to ensure you have the best learning experience possible and a supportive and nurturing learning community. That’s why we’re introducing a new block model for delivering the majority of our courses, known as Education 2030. This means a more simplified timetable where you will study one subject at a time instead of several at once. You will have more time to engage with your learning and get to know the teaching team and course mates. You will receive faster feedback through more regular assessment, and have a better study-life balance to enjoy other important aspects of university life.
- This is a career entry course for those who have no previous qualifications or work experience in marketing or advertising and PR.
- This course will help equip you with the skills needed to work in areas such as communications, advertising, marketing, PR and media agencies.
- Develop professionally and personally during the course, which will help you gain an advanced understand of the key marketing issues facing organisations and place you in a strong position to embark on a career in this sector.
- Benefit from Education 2030, where a simplified ‘block learning’ timetable means you will study one subject at a time and have more time to engage with your learning, receive faster feedback and enjoy a better study-life balance.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.0 overall with 5.5 in each band (or equivalent) when you start the course is essential.
English Language tuition, delivered by our British Council-accredited Centre for English Language Learning, is available both before and throughout the course if you need it.
Fees and funding
Find out more about funding here.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12-18 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Enquiry Team
- +44 (0)116 250 6070