- Minimum 2:2 Hons or equivalent in relevant subject
- In addition to this, part-time students will also need relevant professional experience (this would be normal practice as a Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered biomedical scientist working in the NHS)
- Experienced practitioners are encouraged to apply
English language requirements:
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent when you start the course is essential. English language tuition, delivered by our British Council accredited Centre for English Language Learning (CELL), is available both before and during the course.
Please visit dmu.ac.uk/international for more information.
Postgraduate Certificate; Postgraduate Diploma in Advanced Biomedical Science; MSc in Advanced Biomedical Science (Clinical Biochemistry); MSc in Advanced Biomedical Science (Immunopathology); MSc in Advanced Biomedical Science (Histopathology and Cytology); MSc in Advanced Biomedical Science (Haematology and Transfusion Science); MSc in Advanced Biomedical Science (Medical Microbiology).
Months of entry
This course builds on many years of biomedical science provision at DMU. The overall aims are to improve your laboratory speciality knowledge, research, and management skills in an atmosphere of ongoing scholarship and research.
- Accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Sciences (IBMS)
- 100 per cent of graduates seeking to enter employment or further study are successful within six months of completing the course (Most recent DLHE 2013/14)
- Enables Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered biomedical scientists to increase their opportunities for progression within pathology services
- Gives depth of background to bioscience graduates
- Enhances opportunities for progression within the pathology services or bioscience/biotechnology industries both in the UK
- Provides biomedical science professionals with an enhanced portfolio of skills
- Interaction with other healthcare professionals, learning from others in the field.
Example Course modules:
- Advanced Pathophysiology and Diagnostics
- Molecular Biology and Genomics
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Advanced Biomedical Practice
- Advanced Topics in Biomedical Science
Term 2: Students have the option of choosing two out of the following three modules:
- Leadership and Quality Management
- Advanced Biotechnology
- Cancer Biology
- Research Project (Dissertation)
Information for international students
International students come to study in the UK because the quality of our teaching is among the best in the world. You may find that our teaching style is very different to that in your home country and we will help you adapt.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Health and Life Science Admissions Team
- +44 (0)116 257 7700