Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- A good honours degree (minimum 2:2 or equivalent) in a chemical, biological or physical science, including (though not exclusive to) chemistry, biology, chemical engineering, engineering, pharmacy, pharmaceutical science, or physics (or equivalent)
- Alternatively, we will accept a portfolio of professional and/or academic qualifications of equivalent standing to an honours degree.
Months of entry
Our Leicester School of Pharmacy has an established reputation of more than 100 years of pharmacy teaching. This course is dedicated to applying international regulatory guidelines used by all big pharmaceutical industries to pharmaceutical manufacture and product development.
Our teaching staff are experienced practitioners and researchers, and offer academic and industrial expertise underpinned by Quality by Design principles. You will learn about the challenges faced by the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries in product formulation, material science, advanced analytical sciences, and process engineering and control, as they strive to develop new products and create safe medicines.
Your learning will benefit from our strong industry links, with support from guest lecturers and other experts within the sector. This insight ensures that your studies will be up to date with current practice and developments, preparing you to progress into a wide range of careers, from product development and manufacturing to regulatory affairs, marketing, and clinical research.
Extensive investment in our industry-standard laboratories means that you will have access to specialist equipment throughout your studies. This includes a continuous manufacture platform using a novel in-line based on UV-Vis spectroscopy, powder flow and compression technology, thermal and mechanical analysers, freeze drying and tablet manufacturing facilities.
- Our experienced academic staff have research projects supported by Innovate UK and the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council
- This programme prepares you for a wide variety of pharmaceutical career opportunities, from product development and manufacturing to regulatory affairs, marketing, and clinical research.
- Benefit from strong links, direct input and guest lectures from industrial experts ensuring your learning is relevant to current practice and developments within the sector.
- Study a range of modules, including Analytical Techniques in Materials Science, Process Design, and Manufacturing and Biopharmaceuticals.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Health and Life Science Admissions Division