You should have the equivalent or above of a 2:2 UK bachelor’s honours design degree in a fashion, textiles, footwear, or a contour related subject relevant to your chosen subject specialism.
If you have other professional qualifications and industry experience we will consider your application on an individual basis.
Months of entry
This stimulating course challenges motivated graduates from fashion and textiles disciplines to explore their chosen specialism and take their development to the next level of creative innovation. Choose from one of the following three areas to specialise in:
Fashion Design focuses on womenswear, menswear and fashion knitwear.
Footwear Design and Accessories covers women’s, men’s and children’s footwear and accessories for sport, leisure or fashion.
Textile Design examines printed, constructed and mixed media in relation to fashion, interiors and lifestyle.
You will focus on building creative, technical and academic knowledge, while developing a critical and contextual understanding of wider issues facing the global fashion industry. Complement your creative practice by selecting from a range of optional modules to tailor your skills to your career aspirations from marketing and business planning to responsible design and manufacture.
Learn independently and direct your own studies, with encouragement and support from our specialist teachers who bring their industry insights to the curriculum. You will benefit from outstanding facilities that will both push your creative boundaries and advance your technical skills.
- We will empower you to authoritatively choose your creative direction and tailor your learning around your own academic and professional interests
- Our stimulating, practice-based environment will help you to contextualise your own work, develop real-world skills and collaborate with international practitioners
- Learn from our research experts with a strong technical focus, alongside leading industry professionals who deliver outstanding guest lectures
- Benefit from an optional year-long work placement to gain valuable experience and enhance your practical and professional skills
- Join our close-knit interdisciplinary community which fosters a supportive learning environment for students from around the world
- Our award-winning Vijay Patel building has been designed to provide the space and facilities where all of our art and design students can develop their ideas and flourish.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.0 overall with 5.5 in each band, or equivalent when you start the course is essential. English Language tuition, delivered by our British Council-accredited Centre for English Language Learning, is available both before and throughout the course if you need it.
Fees and funding
Please visit our website for more information about course fees and available funding.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- De Montfort University
- +44 (0)116 2 50 60 70