You must have ARB/RIBA Part 1 and 2 exemption.
You must also be in full-time work in a practice with an ARB registered architect.
You will automatically be enrolled on the PEDR course. You are required to have at least eight PEDR sheets completed by the time you take the professional interview in November; four of which must be post-part 2.
Months of entry
Reasons to choose Architectural Practice PG Dip at DMU:
- Successful candidates gain eligibility to join the register at the Architects’ Registration Board (ARB) and chartered membership with the RIBA
- Reflect on the changing nature of professional practice, relevant legislation and alternative approaches to practice and management and the evolution of the professional architect
- Develop your professional acumen in business organisation, management and commerce, marketing, advocacy, ethics and marketing, contracts and interpersonal skills
- Benefit from a wide exposure to current issues in contracts, law, economic context and management
- Study on a course that prepares you for registration and chartership
- The new Vijay Patel building has been designed to provide the space and facilities where ideas can develop and flourish for all of our art and design courses.
The course offers a flexible learning programme comprising of three-day study blocks typically running from October to October, a final two-day exam (which can be taken in the office where you are employed) and a professional interview in October 2019. Our Architectural Practice PG Dip enjoys close relationships with established practitioners, academics and consultants, who provide guidance on to topical issues in contracts, law, economics and management.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- De Montfort University
- +44 (0)116 250 6070