A UK first or upper second class honours degree or equivalent in either business, computer science or a related subject with a strong quantitative component.
Months of entry
The MSc Business Analytics course is intended to provide premium Masters-level education and training in relevant areas of contemporary business analytics in a supportive research-led interdisciplinary learning environment. The broad aims are:
- To develop advanced and systematic understanding of the complexity of data, including the sources of data relevant to business, alongside appropriate analysis techniques
- To enable students to critically review and apply relevant business analytics knowledge to practical situations
- To develop a critical awareness of current issues in business analytics which is informed by leading edge research and practice in the field
- To develop a conceptual understanding of existing research and scholarship to enable the identification of new or revised approaches to business analytics practice
- To develop creativity in the application of knowledge, together with a practical understanding of how established, advanced techniques of research and enquiry are used to develop and interpret knowledge in business analytics.
- To develop the ability to conduct research into business analytics issues that requires familiarity with a range of business data, research sources and appropriate methodologies and ethical issues
- To develop advanced conceptual abilities and analytical skills in order to evaluate the rigour and validity of published research and assess its relevance to new situations
- To extend the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, using a range of media
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)191 334 1000