- A first academic degree* (Bachelor, Diploma or equivalent)
- At least one year of relevant work experience
- Sufficient written and spoken English skills** (TOEFL - 90 iBT / IELTS 7.0 or equivalent)
- Successful participation in our admission interview
*Applicants without a first academic degree must complete an elibilitiy assessment and demonstrate a level of knowledge comparable to that of a first university degree relevant to the intended course of study.
**Language proficiency waivers are possible for candidates, who have completed a previous degree in English, lived in an English speaking country for longer than a year or whose work language is English (confirmation from an employer required).
Months of entry
The Master in Blockchain & Digital Assets programme is a part-time Master of Science entirely taught in English where you can work full-time while studying part-time. It is offered online and on campus so you can alternate in-person and online lessons.
This programme will teach you how blockchain builds the infrastructure for future financial markets and how companies can leverage the new technology to provide more security, transparency, efficiency and digitalisation. In order to do so, step one is to cover the technical background such as DLT technology, blockchain, DeFi, tokenisation, digital money, smart contracts and the coding thereof. In the second step, we look at applications for advancing blockchain solutions and the design of suitable strategies as well as their regulation through law and ethics. In the third step, we will identify emerging topics in DeFi and FinTech while understanding their impact on entrepreneurship, sustainability and innovative business models.
- Compatible with full-time work by alternating block weeks and self-study phases
- A fully hybrid model so you can choose on-campus or online lectures
- Frankfurt School is #12 worldwide for Best Business Schools for Digital Transformation and #1 in Germany according to The Times Higher Education (THE).
- Excursion to the crypto valleys and blockchain hubs in Zug/ Zurich, Switzerland
- A combination of technical and strategic skills in a currently traction-gaining topic
- Join our Entrepreneurship Accelerator or Incubator for personalised mentoring
- Our lecturers and guest lecturers are experts in their fields and experienced in working with blockchain technology and digital assets
- An extensive network of industry experts and innovators open to networking
Information for international students
If you are currently living abroad, please check visa restrictions for part-time study programmes.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Gabrielle Crossley