Our minimum requirement is a first-class degree in physics, with strong mathematical content. Other scientific disciplines with significant physics and mathematical content are also accepted.
All candidates must demonstrate a minimum level of English language proficiency for admission to the College.
For admission to this course, you must achieve the standard College requirement in the appropriate English language qualification. For details of the minimum grades required to achieve this requirement, please see the English language requirements for postgraduate applicants.
Months of entry
This course is open to both physicists and BSc graduates from mathematics, chemistry or engineering disciplines who are looking to deepen their knowledge of physics and pursue a research career within a university, industrial or national research laboratory.
This course is a stream of our MSc in Physics and covers three core sections:
- quantum optics
- quantum information
- quantum systems
You will complete a three-month, full-time project on quantum dynamics, usually with one of our academic research groups.
Upon graduating, you will have:
- acquired an understanding of selected areas of physics at the frontiers of knowledge, beyond the undergraduate level
- extended your knowledge of advanced mathematical methods
- received training in research skills and methodology
- experienced undertaking a major, individual, physics-related project and reporting the results in a full scientific report and oral and poster presentation
- developed your communication skills, both written and oral, to specialised and non-specialised audiences
- undertaken an intellectually challenging and stimulating degree programme in quantum dynamics
- been equipped for doctoral research in atomic physics, quantum photonics, quantum information, or in general quantum physics
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Loli Sanchez
- +44 (0)20 7594 7512