Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
In order to be considered for the NHS Digital Academy, you must:
- be a Chief Information Officer, Chief Clinical Information Officer or aspiring digital leader in the NHS or social care
- have five years of relevant experience in informatics or digital health
- have executive level support from your organisation
- be available to attend all residential learning sessions (listed in the overview section of this page)
- provide two references (professional or academic)
Our minimum academic requirement is at least a 2.2 UK Honour's degree in relevant degree subject.
If you do not hold a degree, please do still apply as we will consider your application.
All candidates must demonstrate a minimum level of English language proficiency for admission to the College.
For admission to this course, you must achieve the higher College requirement in the appropriate English language qualification. For details of the minimum grades required to achieve this requirement, please see the English language requirements for postgraduate applicants.
Months of entry
This world-class, year-long, training course underpins the NHS Digital Academy, a virtual organisation set up to develop a new generation of excellent digital leaders who can drive the information and technology transformation of the NHS.
Part of a suite of work governed by the National Information Board, the Academy will support the Five Year Forward View Next Steps strategy by providing staff with the skills they need to use information and technology to reduce pressure on services and improve care quality.
The academy was set up in response to Professor Robert Wachter’s Making IT Work report, which observed that the NHS was lacking in leaders who could drive forward this digital transformation. Commissioned by NHS England the Academy is delivered by a partnership of Imperial College London, the University of Edinburgh and Harvard Medical School.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details