Minimum Entry Requirements:
- Completion of a master’s-level program
- Average of 10 years’ senior management experience
- Strong written and spoken English
Over a four to seven year period, each candidate must:
- Accumulate a total of 68 credits
- Complete 17 multidisciplinary business course credits
- Complete 8 research methods course credits
- Validate the teaching requirement: conception and execution of one university-level course (10 credits)
- Complete Case Study Analyses I & II (3 credits)
- Successfully complete a doctoral dissertation under the close supervision of an assigned adviser (30 credits)
Months of entry
January, April, July, October
Our PhD develops the research and teaching skills you need to promote new perspectives and inspire the next generation of business leaders.
The PhD’s flexible structure allows you to study without leaving your job for an extended period. It combines face-to-face courses in Paris with special programs at our five partner institutions around the world, and lets you take advantage of on-demand e-learning. This gives you the freedom to study anywhere in the world, at the times that suit your career and lifestyle.
ISM’s global presence lets you work towards your PhD in six of the world’s most influential business cities. Our bases in Paris and New York offer general programs in international businesses, while our partner institutions in Cape Town, New Delhi, São Paulo and Shanghai give you focused insight into the cultures and practices of key emerging markets.
Globally acclaimed for their applied research, our faculty members are the PhD program’s most valuable asset. They come from around the world, bringing a wealth of professional knowledge and cultural perspectives. You will develop close working and mentoring relationships with them, and they will guide you towards a deeper understanding of how management is practiced and interpreted across cultures and sectors.
With more than 130 nationalities represented in our student and alumni community, we offer a culturally rich and diverse environment for your PhD studies. You will work alongside some of the brightest minds in global business, and become part of our thriving alumni network – giving you access to a world of career openings and academic opportunities.
Start your application today at apply.ism.edu.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- PhD by taught
- part time48-72 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- ISM Admissions
- +33 (0) 145 510 909