Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- A minimum of 2:2 undergraduate degree or a UK master’s degree (or international equivalent).
- A third-class honours degree or an ordinary degree (without honours) or UK equivalent professional qualification with a minimum of two years’ appropriate work experience.
- Applicants who do not hold a recognised degree will be asked to provide evidence which demonstrates a minimum of three years’ relevant experience in education. This can include a wide range of educational experiences, ranging from teaching practice, educational development, educational consultancy and advising, and a range of positions in educational organisations other than schools, universities and further education colleges, such as recruitment agencies, companies specialising in the analysis of educational institutions, government organisations, local councils, charities and NGOs/ INGOs. The evidence will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
As these programmes are delivered 100% online, you will be required to have access to a desktop computer or laptop, with an up-to-date operating system and the ability to use an up-to-date web browser such Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Webcam access would be beneficial to online learning, as some modules require submission of videos for assessment and feedback. Usage of Microsoft Office 365 is also required (access is included at no extra cost to Keele Students). Additionally, students will be required to Access their learning resources using Canvas via a web browser.
Months of entry
January, March, May, June, November
The 100% online MA Education from Keele University is an innovative course that has been designed for proactive and ambitious individuals who are aiming for progression, promotion and leadership in key educational roles.
The course is ideal for a wide range of educationalists who want to inspire and transform the prospects of others – including teachers, as well as those seeking a career in educational leadership and management, policy making and educational consultancy. Our education graduates have gone on to diverse careers in schools and universities as well as in politics, the civil service, policy think tanks, business, national and international NGOs, local authority and creative industries, both in the UK and internationally.
This part-time course has been specifically designed with the demanding lives of full-time professionals and individuals with family responsibilities in mind. The flexible design of the course means that you can develop your own study schedule and access academic content at times that suit you. This enables you to study around full-time work and family commitments and removes the need to make drastic life changes such as taking a potentially costly study break.
This programme is delivered 100% online, 2 years part-time.
Information for international students
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
If English isn’t your first language you may need to provide evidence of your English language ability. We accept the following qualifications:
- IELTS at 6.0 overall with no individual component below 5.5
- TOEFL overall minimum 79
- PTE Academic overall minimum 50
- Cambridge (CAE & CPE) overall 169 with minimum scores of 162 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking
- Duolingo with 95 overall including minimum 85 in each element
- A degree qualification taught in English and completed within the last two years
Fees and funding
For information related to fees and funding, please visit the individual course page on the Keele University website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Entry for September 2023 also available.
Course contact details
- 100% Online Queries