Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A recognised, formal dental qualification is required with a minimum of 3 years post-qualification experience.
Applicants should demonstrate a focused interest in conscious sedation with the specified intent to provide sedation services in their place of work.
Months of entry
This postgraduate diploma in Conscious Sedation for Dentistry provides enhanced understanding of the processes involved in conscious sedation through knowledge of the basic sciences. The course provides a high level of clinical experience in treating patients under sedation in supervised sessions. You will learn basic techniques, with introduction to advanced approaches where required. Both practical and theoretical training is given, from initial assessment and treatment planning to delivery, recovery and discharge, for a variety of sedation techniques for dental treatment.
- High levels of exposure to the clinical environment at Guy's Hospital with its diverse patient population
- Close expert supervision, to gain competence and confidence in treating patients under conscious sedation.
- Compliant with IACSD national guidelines
- Clinical sessions one day per week
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time9 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Dr Ellie Heidari