Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Our PGCE programmes all require a minimum of:
- Bachelor's degree with at least 2:2 honours usually in the subject you wish to teach.
- Knowledge and understanding of the subject you intend to teach.
- GCSE grade C or above (or an equivalent qualification) in English language and mathematics*.
*Applicants without these English or mathematics qualifications at the time they apply may be considered, but they must obtain them, or pass an equivalent test approved by King's, before the course starts.
Months of entry
The PGCE Geography at King’s gives trainees practical and theoretical ideas on the teaching of Geography as well as modelling ways in which Geography can be taught in the classroom.
King’s has established strong links with excellent partner schools and can offer trainees a rich and diverse experience of curriculum planning and delivery beyond the experience gained from their two placement schools.
- PGCE courses at King’s are rated Outstanding by Ofsted with excellent and knowledgeable staff on hand to support you through your training. In the last research assessment exercise, the department was rated second in the UK (REF, 2014).
- Opportunity to work with tutors who are actively engaged in research in their subject and in pedagogy more widely.
- Working partnership with a broad range of up to 150 schools in London and beyond, providing unique opportunities to learn how to teach a diverse mix of students.
- 94% of 2018 graduates who sought teaching posts were employed within six months of qualifying.
- Located in the heart of London.
- Two assessed pieces of coursework give you 60 Master’s-level credits – a third of an MA – which puts you well on the way to a Master’s degree in your chosen profession.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time0.7 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Officer