Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Our PGCE programmes all require a minimum of:
- Bachelor's degree with at least 2:2 honours (or overseas equivalent) usually in the subject you wish to teach.
- Knowledge and understanding of the subject you intend to teach.
- GCSE grade C or above (or an equivalent qualification) in English language and mathematics. Applicants without these English or mathematics qualifications at the time they apply may be considered, but they must obtain them, or pass an equivalent test approved by King's, before the course starts.
Months of entry
The PGCE Physics with Mathematics at King’s prepares trainees to become thoughtful, creative and engaging teachers, through understanding both the research which underpins and advances science teaching, and a wide range of practical approaches. The course is taught by an internationally-recognised science education group with over three decades of acclaimed research.
- PGCE courses at King’s are rated Outstanding by Ofsted. One reason is the strong research base which informs the course. In the last research assessment exercise, the department was rated second in the UK (REF, 2014).
- A working partnership with a broad range of up to 150 schools in London and beyond, providing unique opportunities to learn how to teach a diverse mix of students.
- Preparing students to teach outside the classroom: there is a residential field-trip and several other opportunities to make best use of what London has to offer the science teacher, from the South Bank to the Natural History Museum.
- At the conclusion of their PGCE course in July 2020 87% of our trainees had been employed as NQTs at schools in the UK and abroad.
- Two assessed pieces of coursework give you 60 Master’s-level credits – a third of an MA – which puts you well on the way to a Master’s degree in your chosen profession.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time10 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Officer