We welcome applications from anyone with a good honours (or equivalent) in any relevant discipline. The most important requirement is a proven interest in the fields of finance and business management – and the willingness and determination to work hard to expand your knowledge and understanding of real-life business scenarios. If you do not have an honours degree you will need to provide evidence that you have satisfactory knowledge of relevant subjects. This could be an appropriate professional qualification, training, or work experience in a relevant field. Please contact the postgraduate admissions team to find out more.
Months of entry
This course is a combination of two highly successful courses run by the Business School – the Accounting and Finance MSc and the International Business Management MSc – both of which have established an international reputation for excellence. It is an intensive, thorough and challenging programme, designed to give you the theoretical and practical skills essential for managing today's businesses.
This course is suitable for both experienced corporate finance and financial management practitioners who want to add to their skills, and those looking for a career in the area.
- The programme has been developed in consultation with finance professionals at RBS Capital Markets, Commerzbank AG, Standard Chartered Bank and NatWest Bank to give you the practical, real-life skills employers require in this highly competitive sector.
- We are one of only a handful of UK universities that offer a Bloomberg trading room, giving you the opportunity to develop the hands-on skills employers want.
- There are regular talks from practising industry experts such as the former head of Financial Services Authority.
- As well as studying an international curriculum, you will meet and work with students from a wide variety of countries and cultures who can add international insight to class discussions and working groups, and give you a global alumni network.
- Kingston Business School has joined an elite group of global institutions to be awarded the prestigious international accreditation by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). A hallmark of excellence in business education, the accreditation has been earned by just 5 per cent of the world's business schools.
What will you study
You will learn the computer and research skills employers demand for work in this highly competitive sector. The programme has a balanced approach, teaching you how to interpret and solve problems using both quantitative and qualitative methods. The course is taught by both Kingston Business School's academic staff and expert guest lecturers form the accounting, auditing and financial services sector.Work placement scheme
Many postgraduate courses at Kingston University allow students to do a 12-month work placement as part of their course. The responsibility for finding the placement is with the student; we cannot guarantee the placement, just the opportunity to undertake it. As the work placement is an assessed part of the course, the work placement is covered by a student's tier 4 visa.
Information for international students
All non-UK applicants must meet our English language requirement, which is Academic IELTS of 6.5 overall, with no element below 6.0. Please make sure you read our full guidance about English language requirements, which includes details of other qualifications we'll consider. http://www.kingston.ac.uk/international/studying-at-kingston/language-requirements/
Fees and funding
Please see http://www.kingston.ac.uk/postgraduate-course/financial-business-management-msc/fees-and-bursaries.html for further details.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- 0844 8544971/+44(0)203 308 9928