We welcome applications from anyone with a good honours (or equivalent) in any relevant discipline. If you do not have an honours degree, you will need to show us evidence that you know enough about the relevant subjects to understand the course materials - for example, a professional qualification, training or work experience in a relevant field (contact the Postgraduate Admissions Team to find out more). If you don't meet these entry requirements, our pre-masters programme can prepare you for the course.
Months of entry
Investment and financial risk is a highly competitive sector – and this course will give you the IT and research skills employers demand. This rigorous and intensive masters course is designed to produce high-calibre, analytical graduates with practical skills who are ready to slot in to a specialised role. As a graduate, you will be ready to work in investment, trading, financial analysis, fund management, banking, financial services, finance and financial consultancy.
- An extremely practical programme using real examples, the latest research and theories, and live data.
- Kingston Business School is one of only a handful of UK universities that offer a Bloomberg trading room, giving you the opportunity to develop the hands-on skills employers want.
- Get additional qualifications while you study: you can apply for Bloomberg certification. You can also prepare for the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) credential, since you will cover so many aspects of it in your coursework.
- Programme developed with advice from finance professionals at RBS Capital Markets, Commerzbank AG, Standard Chartered Bank and NatWest Bank.
- Lectures by sector experts, as well as Kingston Business School's own teaching staff, who have been awarded an 'excellent' rating for the quality of their teaching.
- Suitable for students who have not studied economics, finance or accountancy at bachelors level, as well as those with previous qualifications and experience.
- Meet and work with students from a wide variety of countries and cultures, who add international insight to class discussions and working groups, giving you a global alumni network.
- Kingston Business School has joined an elite group of global institutions to be awarded the prestigious international accreditation by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). A hallmark of excellence in business education, the accreditation has been earned by just 5 per cent of the world's business schools.
What will you study
When you arrive, we will introduce you to the Business School and its expectations and ethos, alongside a personal development programme, then you will start work on individual modules. Each module is designed to develop the skills valued by employers, such as presentation, team work, problem solving and communication skills.
We teach an extremely practical programme using real-life examples, live data and the latest research and theories. Students get the opportunity to create and manage investment portfolios and present the results, learn to use a Bloomberg trading room and industry standard databases, and undertake a research project.
You will examine the key issues in investment banking and trading. You will also learn to apply various different techniques in practice. We will show you how to analyse and explore a number of different topics using a balance of qualitative and quantitative methods.Work placement scheme
Many postgraduate courses at Kingston University allow students to do a 12-month work placement as part of their course. The responsibility for finding the placement is with the student; we cannot guarantee the placement, just the opportunity to undertake it. As the work placement is an assessed part of the course, the work placement is covered by a student's tier 4 visa.
Information for international students
All non-UK applicants must meet our English language requirements. For this course it is Academic IELTS of 6.5 overall, with no element below 6.0. Please make sure you read our full guidance about English language requirements, which includes details of other qualifications we'll consider. http://www.kingston.ac.uk/international/studying-at-kingston/language-requirements/
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions team
- 0844 8544971/+44(0)203 308 9928