We welcome applications from anyone with a good honours (or equivalent) in any relevant discipline.
If you do not have an honours degree, you will need to show us evidence that you know enough about the relevant subjects to understand the course materials – for example, a professional qualification, training or work experience in a relevant field.
Months of entry
The Banking and Finance MSc produces highly skilled, analytical and forward-thinking graduates who are ready to slot into specialised roles in the banking, financial services, finance and financial consultancy sectors. This is a demanding programme, but has an outstanding pass rate.
This course is suitable for students from a variety of academic backgrounds, including those with industry experience and those who do not have a bachelors degree in economics, finance or accountancy. You can study the course part time, so you can apply your learning in the workplace straight away.
- This course is accredited by the Association of Corporate Treasurers and offers exemptions from their professional exams.
- The programme has been developed in consultation with finance professionals at RBS Capital Markets, Commerzbank AG, Standard Chartered Bank and NatWest Bank to give you the practical, real-life skills employers require in this highly competitive sector.
- We are one of only a handful of UK universities that offer a Bloomberg trading room, giving you the opportunity to develop the hands-on skills employers want.
- There are regular talks from practising industry experts such as the former head of Financial Services Authority.
- As well as studying an international curriculum, you will meet and work with students from a wide variety of countries and cultures who can add international insight to class discussions and working groups, and give you a global alumni network.
- When you study this programme you can also apply for Bloomberg certification. This industry-recognised qualification gives graduates a huge advantage in the jobs market. The course covers many aspects of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) credential, helping to prepare you for their professional examination.
- Kingston Business School has joined an elite group of global institutions to be awarded the prestigious international accreditation by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). A hallmark of excellence in business education, the accreditation has been earned by just 5 per cent of the world's business schools.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Team