Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- Applicants must be Social Work England registered social workers who are currently employed in the sector.
- Applicants for the Stage 1 module must have two years' post-registration experience as a social worker.
- Direct applicants for the Stage 2 module must have three years' post-registration experience as a social worker.
- Applicants must be in a position to offer a social work placement in their workplace. They should have the consent of their employer to do this.
Months of entry
January, May, November
This course, for registered social workers, will enable you to gain Stage 1 and Stage 2 of the Practice Educator Professional Standards (PEPS) currently held by the British Association of Social Workers (BASW). It is ideal if you would like to develop the next generation of social workers by teaching them during practice placements. It will enable you to progress through the Professional Capabilities Framework (PCF) levels and develop your leadership skills. The course is aligned with Chief Social Workers' Knowledge and skills statements for practice leaders and practice supervisors.
This course is a well-established programme with a strong professional reputation. It has been developed in partnership with agencies in south-west London and Surrey and users of social work services.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12-24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Dale Van Graan
- +44 (0)20 8417 5669