- Applicants should have a good BA(Hons) degree in fine art, architecture, landscape architecture or spatial design; or an equivalent British or overseas qualification. - We will also consider applicants with relevant work experience. - We will ask you to upload a portfolio online on receipt of your application. For more information, please see the Apply for this course page.
Months of entry
This is a studio-based, research-centred programme for those who wish to explore the subtle and complex relationships between the production and display of contemporary art within the context of professional excellence. It will challenge you to develop your personal vision and create clear, meaningful and appropriate work to consolidate and strengthen your position as an artist.
• This course offers a unique opportunity for artists to develop a major body of practical work that engages with the context of a critical understanding of contemporary fine art practice.
• You will produce self-initiated work from the outset. Individual tutorials, seminar presentations and practical workshops will support your studies.
• The course will enable you to capitalise on the School’s existing and well-established networks. We also encourage you to develop your own networks and support structures.
What will you study
The Fine Art MFA incorporates a taught programme that primarily demands a considerable degree of investigation and experimentation. You will focus on practical and theoretical issues surrounding the development of fine art practice in relation to specific contexts, and will be required to interrogate the positioning of your practice through curatorial intervention and collaboration, providing preparation for professional practice and/or further research. You will also be encouraged to create interdisciplinary alliances and will have the opportunity to work in a variety of environments, both individually and collaboratively.
Information for international students
All non-UK applicants must meet our English language requirements. For this course it is Academic IELTS of 6.5 overall, with no element below 5.5. Please make sure you read our full guidance about English language requirements, which includes details of other qualifications we'll consider. http://www.kingston.ac.uk/international/studying-at-kingston/language-requirements/
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions team
- 08448 544973/+44 (0)20 3308 9930