A UK Masters degree with a minimum of 65% overall and 65% in the dissertation element, or a non-UK Masters degree, graded at the equivalent level.
Months of entry
January, October, July, April
Lancaster’s Department of Economics offers an active and stimulating research environment in which PhD students play an important part. As a PhD student in the Department you will be working within a high-quality, research-active environment and in a UK university with a world-class reputation for excellence in teaching and research. You will also participate fully in departmental activities such as seminars, workshops and conferences. We currently supervise around 25 students on our PhD programme in Economics.
We accept applications in all fields of economics and particularly welcome applications in:
· Labour, Education and Health Economics
· Macroeconomics and Financial Markets
· Industrial Organisation and Economic Theory
· Behavioural and Experimental Economics
· Political Economy and International Trade
· Research Skills
• Labour, education and health economics • Macroeconomics and financial markets • Industrial organisation and economic theory • Behavioural and experimental economics • Political economy and international trade
Information for international students
IELTS: 7.0 or equivalent (minimum element scores apply).
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Coordinator
- +44 (0) 1524 590733