At enrolment you should normally have achieved:
- An undergraduate UK honours degree or international equivalent in a subject related to your proposed course of study or;
- A degree-equivalent postgraduate diploma /professional qualification
- one reference to support your application from an academic or a creative practitioner
- a proposal outlining your intentions for postgraduate study
Months of entry
This course offers a unique route for creatives interested in the digital future of fashion. It will enable you through practice-led research and new sustainable methods of design and fabrication to reach a new frontier of fashion design.
Fashion is a dynamic field with trends currently pointing to significant innovations in digital design and production to facilitate the creation of multiple digital and physical products from both fashionable and functional briefs.
The emergence of additive manufacturing as a new method for manufacturing, along with the increasing acceptance of smart and wearable tech, will allow students with technical abilities and/or understanding of traditional fashion design and pattern cutting skills to push their ideas into new terrain.
Students will use 3D programs, such as CLO 3D, which allows an intuitive method of design, as well as scanners and laser cutters in innovative ways throughout the modules. Graduates enjoy a wide range of employment prospects due to their transferable skills and most relevant digital skills for today’s modern fashion industry. The course supports individuals’ career aspirations and students can tailor their work towards their aim.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Leeds Arts University