At enrolment you should normally have achieved:
- An undergraduate UK honours degree or international equivalent in a subject related to your proposed course of study or;
- A degree-equivalent postgraduate diploma /professional qualification
You will also need:
- one reference to support your application from an academic or a creative practitioner
- a proposal outlining your intentions for postgraduate study
- Applicants who hold a degree from another discipline or have experiential learning in lieu of a degree that can demonstrate appropriate knowledge and skills may also be considered for entry, subject to an interview and the submission of a satisfactory portfolio related work in support of their application.
Months of entry
This postgraduate course gives practitioners a year to create an animated film from start to finish. You will engage in a critical dialogue with practice, theory and the professional aspects of animation.
The course provides space for the animators to make work of cultural value, but understand commercial practices. The curriculum is designed to allow both individual and collaborative practice to take place. However, we positively encourage collaboration as it is a key part of the animation production process, enabling you to undertake ambitious projects.
The course will provide you with the space to develop animation, think and question what animation has the potential to be and how it communicates to an audience. You will also have the opportunity to explore emerging technologies and new approaches to storytelling such as the use of VR and game technologies.
You will be supported by a team with diverse research and practical interests within animation including 2D and 3D animators, modelmakers, scriptwriters and you will also engage with visiting industry professionals. The course will present you with the opportunities to work with other creatives on the course and across other MA courses within the institution. The objective is to enable students to produce engaging work across all forms of animation from animated shorts, documentary and experimental practices.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Leeds Arts University