At enrolment you should normally have achieved:
- An undergraduate UK honours degree or international equivalent in a subject related to your proposed course of study; or
- A degree-equivalent postgraduate diploma/professional qualification
You will also need:
- one reference to support your application from an academic or a creative practitioner
- a proposal outlining your intentions for postgraduate study
Applicants who hold a Degree from another discipline or have experiential learning in lieu of a degree that can demonstrate appropriate knowledge and skills may also be considered for entry, subject to an interview and the submission of a satisfactory portfolio related work in support of their application.
Months of entry
Do you see the world differently? Our MA Photography course promotes innovation and experimentation, supporting you to develop your own distinctive creative vision as a photographic practitioner.
The course examines strategies to resolve projects into substantial outputs such as publications, exhibitions and digital platforms, and emphasises the need to find an audience as being integral to a sustained and successful practice.
Through an investigation of contemporary photography, you’ll consider the cultural and ethical uses of the medium within a range of genres and approaches. You will develop skills for research and critical evaluation, as well as professional know-how to engage with the wider photographic community and industry.
You’ll be able to attend talks by a diverse range of international visiting professionals, with recent guests including Joy Gregory, Mariela Sancari, Amani Willett, Bolade Banjo and Cécile Poimboeuf-Koizumi.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Leeds Arts University